Ocular Pharmacology deals with basic and clinical research about biopharmaceuticals that have the potential to prevent, treat, and/or diagnose ocular diseases and disorders and its associated treatments. Ophthalmic diseases include those both analogous to systemic diseases and not analogous. Many anterior segment diseases are treated pharmacologically through eye drops, which have an implied therapeutic index of local therapy. Unlike administering pills for systemic diseases, eye drops require patients not only to adhere to treatment, but to be able to accurately perform - i.e., instill drops correctly.
- Track 1-1 Glaucoma and its integrated treatments
- Track 2-2 Ocular pharmacotherapy
- Track 3-3 Ocular drug delivery
- Track 4-4 Ocular ischemia
- Track 5-5 Ocular inflammatory and immune disorders